A level results will be coming out later this month and that will mean that a new intake of students will be arriving in the city in a few weeks time, to both Marjons and Plymouth University, as well as the School of Art.
There are on average 35,000 students in Plymouth during term time, which is about 10% of the population of the city, which is amazing. What is also amazing is that without Students DCBC would not exist. As well as some key members at Mutley BC, many of the first people to help plant the church in 1998, where students. Students have played a number of key roles in the church throughout it’s history and continue to do so.
We may not be in the normal “student” location, but we have been blessed by passionate committed students in the past, and we hope that this year we will see some new faces come and join us, find a home and get involved.
- Let’s start praying for students now! Let’s pray for those getting their results and preparing to move.
- Let’s start praying that Christian students will get involved in churches and become part of the CU at the Universities.
- Let’s pray for the Chaplaincy team at Marjons (led by Nick Griffin) and Plymouth (led by David Evans)
- Let’s pray that some committed, passionate and sold-out Christians would find their way to Devonport and get stuck in with us.
- Let’s pray that we will be open to students, by offering meals and support throughout the year!